|Community Outreach & Education Volunteers|
Community Outreach and Education Volunteer Job Description
Community Education and Outreach Volunteer
Commitment: 2-4 hours whenever you sign up for an outreach event from our community outreach email list. Shifts, days, and times will vary based on event specifications.
All potential volunteers must 16 or older, complete an application, interview, and background check prior to volunteering
Report to: Director of Volunteers
Engage in varying outreach activities and community education. Possibilities include: tabling at events, neighborhood awareness campaigns, school based programs, create promotional material, assist with special events including Annual Yard Sale and other task needed to educate the community about Rape Crisis of Central New Mexico (RCCCNM) resources, services, volunteer program, and upcoming events as well as creating awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pick up materials for outreach and set up table event (or distribute materials to crowds depending on event).
• Distribute information, brochures, and other materials at events, fairs, and festivals.
• Answer questions about RCCCNM. Refer people to RCCCNM staff if unable to answer a question.
• Take down contact information as necessary for people interested in volunteering.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of community events and programs when asked.
• Learn about the goals of each outreach event as determined by the requesting department or Board of Directors.
• Stay current on upcoming outreach events; including outreach at community events and/or festivals.
• Return all materials back to RCCCNM after the event.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Willingness to learn basic knowledge about Sexual Violence and anti-oppression.
• Comfort with high public visibility. Outgoing personalities are a plus.
• Knowledge of and comfort with diverse sexual identification.
• Personal awareness and emotional maturity.
• Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and ethnic diversity.
Flexible 2-6 hour orientation
More Information & Application
The Volunteer Application Form may be download below. For best results, fill-in the form on-screen and then print and sign it. You may also save the form to your computer to complete off-line, or print and complete the form manually. Please print legibly.